Skip navigation

History

With the initiative and funding through the Alberta Government , Rural Gas Program , determination and dedication of a few community minded individuals sparked the beginnings of Natural Gas Cooperatives throughout Alberta. 

These individuals became directors of the Co-op and after three years of canvassing covering a vast area totalling 4246 square kilometers which includes west to the B.C  / Alberta border , North to the Mighty Peace River,  east to the Burnt River and South to Burnt River.   Central Peace Natural Gas Co-op started construction of pipeline installation in the fall of 1977 with the first gas flowing through the facility in 1978.  Since then Central Peace Natural gas has flourished having 1414 kilometers of pipe in the ground and provide natural gas  not only the rural community but commercial business and fuel gas to the oil field sector.

Central Peace Natural Gas Co-op operates under the direction of nine board members. The directors are elected on a rotating basis for a three year term and are responsible for the implementation of policies and procedures in the operation of the co-op. Board meetings are held monthly and an annual meeting is held in April of each year. Members are encouraged to voice their opinions and concerns to the co-op manager. As well members are encouraged to attend the annual meetings.

As a member owned Natural Gas distribution Cooperative we strive to provide our membership with the best possible customer service at the lowest possible price.