TAKE IMMEDIATE ACTION IF YOU HIT A GAS LINE
Hitting a natural gas line is dangerous
- Leave the area right away & maintain a safe distance,
- Call our office immediately (780-864-3873) with a landline - no cell phones unless at a safe distance away.
The consequences of hitting and/or severing a line range from property damage, loss of service, injuries and fatalities.
The financial and/or legal burden of repairing the gas line is carried by the party directly responsible for the damage.
Please REMEMBER that if a line is hit the costs will include emergency time on labor, equipment, and travel (additional over-time rate if after hours) as well as materials used and calculated gas loss.
Reminder that locates are a FREE service through AB One Call. 1-800-242-3447
Call Immediately, even if you do not smell gas or hear it escaping
Do not try to repair the line yourself.
You should also:
- Keep people away from the area,
- Allow gas to vent into the air,
- Put out any cigarettes or open flames,
- Shut off any equipment,
- Remove anything that could spark a flame.